While our honeymoon has blissfully extended summer for me, arriving home means it will unequivocally be fall. I always view the first half of September as "late summer" and enjoy those first weeks after Labor Day as really just a holdover from summer fun. But by late September, even I have to admit that summer has faded and it's time to move on. I'm looking forward to having a bit more free time post wedding planning, and I'm itching to take advantage of what is arguably NYC's most perfect season. Here's my wishlist for Fall 2016:
- Explore one of the quaint towns in upstate / central New York (maybe Hudson?)
- Hike Bear Mountain - it'll probably be ridiculously crowded, but I'm undeterred.
- Have friends over for a football game watch
- Walk along the Brooklyn Promenade during peak foliage
- Perfect a homemade pumpkin spice latte (with real pumpkin and spices - none of that flavored syrup stuff)
- Make homemade pasta topped with roasted kabocha squash and herbs (fun fact: kabocha is my favorite type of squash)
- See something at the Public Theater (Plenty has particularly caught my eye)
- Ditto for seeing a performance (or film) at Brooklyn Academy of Music
- Track down Graeter's Pumpkin Ice Cream, even if that means placing a special order. My grandmother introduced me to this perfect pumpkin ice cream when I was a kid, and I've never found a better version. It's only available in October and November!
- Go apple picking - because I want to do this every year!!
p.s. You can check out my 2015 picks here